Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
Alkaline Nuts and Seeds Update
I’m moving nutrient lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. So it’s best to search for your favorite alkaline nuts & seeds. Or start from the new Food Groups Index (DGA Food Group 5: Nuts, Seeds, & Soy).
Here at Foodary, I’ll continue to investigate how diseases and wellbeing are affected by nuts and seeds. Both as a group, and for individual nuts and seeds.
Individual Nuts and Seeds Science
Where I find studies about the effects of nuts and seeds on health and wellbeing, I will summarize them. Including articles on the effects of almonds, baruka nuts (Dipteryx alata Vogel), cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. So please let me know if you have special interest in any of these foods. Because that helps me prioritize my research.
Alkaline Nut & Seed List
I’ve retired the old format for Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List. But the original list is available as a free Alkaline Nuts and Seeds Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
I’ve added extra columns to the spreadsheet to help you make choices about seed and nut consumption. In particular, you can now compare PRAL values per 100 calories. So here are two examples from opposite ends of the range…
Most Acidic Nuts and Seeds
I’ve listed these nuts and seeds with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 11 ┈ Seeds, sunflower seed flour, partially defatted
- 10 ┈ Seeds, sesame flour, low-fat
- 9 ┈ Seeds, safflower seed meal, partially defatted
- 6 ┈ Seeds, cottonseed flour, low fat (glandless)
- 6 ┈ Seeds, sunflower seed kernels, oil roasted, with salt added
- 6 ┈ Seeds, cottonseed meal, partially defatted (glandless)
- 5 ┈ Seeds, pumpkin and squash seed kernels, roasted, with salt added
- 5 ┈ Seeds, sesame flour, high-fat
- 4 ┈ Seeds, sunflower seed butter, with salt added
- 4 ┈ Seeds, sesame butter, tahini, type of kernels unspecified
Most Alkaline Nuts and Seeds
Here, I’ve listed nuts and seeds with the lowest acid load. But you must remember that we never aim to eliminate acid-forming foods. Because we need to balance some acidic foods with more alkaline foods. So that daily PRAL totals become negative.
Therefore, choosing nuts and seeds with the lowest acid load makes it easier to achieve your daily PRAL target. So, this list continues with the format of starting with PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- -27 ┈ Nuts, coconut water (liquid from coconuts)
- -21 ┈ Seeds, sisymbrium sp. seeds, whole, dried
- -10 ┈ Seeds, breadnuttree seeds, raw
- -9 ┈ Nuts, chestnuts, european, boiled and steamed
- -8 ┈ Seeds, breadfruit seeds, roasted
- -3 ┈ Seeds, pumpkin and squash seeds, whole, roasted, with salt added
- -3 ┈ Nuts, beechnuts, dried
- -3 ┈ Nuts, chestnuts, japanese, roasted
- -3 ┈ Nuts, chestnuts, chinese, roasted
- -3 ┈ Nuts, ginkgo nuts, raw
- -2 ┈ Nuts, acorn flour, full fat
- -2 ┈ Nuts, pine nuts, pinyon, dried
- -2 ┈ Nuts, acorns, dried
- -2 ┈ Seeds, lotus seeds, dried
- -1 ┈ Nuts, coconut milk, frozen (liquid expressed from grated meat and water)
I’ve listed other food group tables on my food chart description page.
Your Alkaline Nuts and Seeds
Remember: these tables help you make better food choices, but the only way to confirm they are having the desired effect is by measuring the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of your urine. This is a simple process using widely available pH test strips or meters.
Which aspects of alkaline nuts and seeds are you interested in? How do you think eating nuts and seeds might affect your health or wellbeing? Please tell me your alkaline nuts and seeds story below.
I’m working on templates that help you identify, understand, and resolve your alkaline nuts and seeds concerns. In the meantime, you can start by adding notes about what you’ve learned about alkaline nuts and seeds so far.
All you do is highlight any text that interests you. Then click “Annotations” to personalize any Foodary page. Which means you can keep your alkaline nuts and seeds notes linked here, where you can always find them.
Do you need help with annotations? Or other unanswered questions or unresolved concerns? Then please tell me below. Or, if you prefer to use email, then subscribe to my free newsletter.
Leave Alkaline Nut & Seed List to see more Alkaline Food Lists.
Alkaline Nuts and Seeds Comments
Please add your comments here. Or see more feedback options below.
Your feedback options are:
- Easy Food Comments. Add comments below.
- Focused Food Concerns. Create a new issue about any food concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- General Food Chat. Start a new discussion about any food topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
- Versatile Food Annotations. Annotations allow you to personalize Foodary pages to help you learn. But they also work as a feedback option. Especially if you use the Public Group, the Foodary Nexus Subscriber Group, or a Foodary Project Group. For more information, I recommend that you subscribe to my free newsletter.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the Foodary Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Alkaline Nut & Seed List Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Common Terms: almond, Most Helpful Foodary Articles, nuts, oil, pine nut, reflux, seeds, walnut
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Legumes and Legume Products Food Chart
- Alkaline Fish List
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
- Alkaline Fruit Juice and Fruits List
- Alkaline Meats List
- Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Poultry Products Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
- Alkaline Grains List
- Alkaline Drinks List
- Alkaline Food Lists Explanation