Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Update
I’m moving nutrient lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. So it’s best to search for your favorite alkaline soups, sauces, and gravies.
Here at Foodary, I’ll continue to investigate how diseases and wellbeing are affected by soups, sauces, and gravies. However, they are no longer viewed as a specific food group. So I’ll deal with them as individual foods whenever they appear in health-related studies.
Individual Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Science
For example, I have started researching the benefits of different soups. Including chicken soup, chicken broth, chicken noodle soup and tomato soup. Later, I’ll look at gravy, beef broth, vegetable broth, chicken stock, split pea soup, and teriyaki sauce. So please let me know if you have special interest in any of these foods. Because that helps me prioritize my research.
Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
I’ve retired the old format for Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies List. But the original list is available as a free Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
I’ve added extra columns to the spreadsheet to help you make choices about soup, sauce, and gravy consumption. In particular, you can now compare PRAL values per 100 calories. So here are two examples from opposite ends of the range…
Most Acidic Soups, Sauces, and Gravies
I’ve listed soups, sauces, and gravies with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 6 ┈ Soup, consomme with gelatin, dehydrated, dry
- 6 ┈ Soup, consomme with gelatin, dehydrated, prepared with water
- 5 ┈ Soup, beef broth, cubed, prepared with water
- 4 ┈ Soup, chicken rice, canned, chunky, ready-to-serve
- 4 ┈ Gravy, CUSTOM FOODS, SUPERB Instant Au Jus Mix, dry
- 4 ┈ Soup, beef broth, cubed, dry
- 3 ┈ Soup, chicken, canned, chunky, ready-to-serve, commercial
- 3 ┈ Soup, chicken noodle, canned, chunky, ready-to-serve
- 3 ┈ Soup, beef broth or bouillon, powder, dry
- 3 ┈ Sauce, cheese, ready-to-serve
Most Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies
Here, I’ve listed soups, sauces, and gravies with the lowest acid load. Because these foods help you reduce your daily PRAL score, I’ve listed a few more than 10.
Remember that we never aim to eliminate acid-forming foods. Because we need to balance some acidic foods with more alkaline foods. So that daily PRAL totals become negative.
Therefore, choosing soups, sauces, and gravies with the lowest acid load makes it easier to achieve your daily PRAL target. So, this list continues with the format of starting with PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- -57 ┈ Peppers, hot, chili, immature green, canned, chili sauce
- -54 ┈ Peppers, hot, chili, mature red, canned, chili sauce
- -24 ┈ Sauce, worcestershire
- -24 ┈ Sauce, fish, ready-to-serve
- -24 ┈ Sauce, ready-to-serve, pepper or hot
- -19 ┈ Sauce, ready-to-serve, salsa
- -16 ┈ Soup, stock, beef, home-prepared
- -15 ┈ Sauce, NESTLE, ORTEGA Picante Sauce, ready-to-serve
- -14 ┈ Sauce, NESTLE, LJ MINOR Creole Sauce, ready-to-serve
- -14 ┈ Sauce, ready-to-serve, pepper, TABASCO
- -13 ┈ Vegetable soup, low sodium, with water
- -12 ┈ USDA Commodity, salsa
- -12 ┈ Soup, CAMPBELL, HEALTHY REQUEST Chicken Broth, canned, ready-to-serve
- -11 ┈ Soup, vegetable, canned, low sodium, condensed
- -11 ┈ Sauce, NESTLE, LJ MINOR Italian Sauce, ready-to-serve
- -11 ┈ Soup, cream of mushroom, canned, condensed, reduced sodium
- -11 ┈ USDA Commodity, spaghetti sauce, meatless, canned
- -11 ┈ Sauce, pizza, canned, ready-to-serve
Remember: these tables help you make better food choices, but the only way to confirm they are having the desired effect is by measuring the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of your urine. This is a simple process using widely available pH test strips or meters.
Leave Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List to read more Acid Alkaline Food Lists.
Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List Comments
Please use the new feedback options to leave comments now. Your feedback options are:
- Add comments below.
- Create a new issue about any food concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- Start a new discussion about any food topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the Foodary Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Common Terms: beef, chicken, group, noodle, potato, ramen, reflux, rice, sausage, tomato, turkey, vegetable
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Legumes and Legume Products Food Chart
- Alkaline Fish List
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
- Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
- Alkaline Meats List
- Acid-Alkaline Poultry Products Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
- Alkaline Grains List
- Alkaline Food Lists Explanation
- Ramen Noodles and Acid Reflux
- Healthy Food Combinations Chart
- Are Peanuts Acidic? What about Peanut Butter?
- Alkaline Pasta List
- Are Apples Alkaline? See the Alkaline Fruits List
- PRAL Alkaline Snack Foods List
- Alkaline Bread and Baked Products Food List
- Alkaline Oils List
- Most Alkaline Foods List
- Alkaline Vegetables List
- Acid-Alkaline Meals and Sidedishes List