Alkaline Poultry Update
I’m moving nutrient lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. So it’s best to search for your favorite alkaline poultry products. Or start from the new Food Groups Index (DGA Food Group 5: Poultry).
Here at Foodary, I’ll continue to investigate how diseases and wellbeing are affected by poultry. Both as a group, and for individual poultry products.
Individual Poultry Products Science
Where I find studies about the effects of poultry on health and wellbeing, I will summarize them. Including articles on the effects of different types of chicken (breast, wings, liver, etc.), duck, goose, and turkey. So please let me know if you have special interest in any of these foods. Because that helps me prioritize my research.
PRAL Poultry Food List
I’ve retired the old format for Alkaline Poultry Products List. But the original list is available as a free Alkaline Poultry Products Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
I’ve added extra columns to the spreadsheet to help you make choices about poultry consumption. In particular, you can now compare PRAL values per 100 calories. So here are two examples from opposite ends of the range…
Most Acidic Poultry Products
I’ve listed these poultry products with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 13 ┈ Emu, flat fillet, raw
- 13 ┈ Emu, inside drums, cooked, broiled
- 13 ┈ Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, pan-fried
- 12 ┈ Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, simmered
- 12 ┈ Emu, full rump, cooked, broiled
- 12 ┈ Chicken, gizzard, all classes, cooked, simmered
- 12 ┈ Quail, meat only, raw
- 12 ┈ Chicken, roasting, light meat, meat only, raw
- 12 ┈ Emu, fan fillet, raw
- 12 ┈ Chicken, liver, all classes, raw
Least Acidic Poultry Products
Here, I’ve listed poultry products with the lowest acid load. However, as a protein-rich food, there are no alkaline poultry products. But you must remember that we never aim to eliminate acid-forming foods. Because we need to balance some acidic foods with more alkaline foods. So that daily PRAL totals become negative.
Therefore, choosing poultry with the lowest acid load makes it easier to achieve your daily PRAL target. So, this list continues with the format of starting with PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 0 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, separable fat, raw
- 1 ┈ Duck, domesticated, meat and skin, raw
- 1 ┈ Turkey, young hen, skin only, raw
- 1 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, skin only, cooked, fried, batter
- 2 ┈ Turkey, all classes, skin only, raw
- 2 ┈ Pate de foie gras, canned (goose liver pate), smoked
- 2 ┈ Turkey, young tom, skin only, raw
- 2 ┈ Turkey, young hen, skin only, cooked, roasted
- 2 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, skin only, cooked, fried, flour
- 2 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, skin only, raw
- 2 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, skin only, cooked, stewed
- 2 ┈ Poultry, mechanically deboned, from backs and necks with skin, raw
- 2 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, back, meat and skin, raw
- 2 ┈ Turkey, all classes, skin only, cooked, roasted
- 2 ┈ Turkey, mechanically deboned, from turkey frames, raw
- 2 ┈ Chicken, broilers or fryers, skin only, cooked, roasted
PRAL Poultry Food List: Next Steps
I’ve listed other food group tables on my food lists description page.
Remember: these tables help you make better food choices, but the only way to confirm they are having the desired effect is by measuring the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of your urine. This is a simple process using widely available pH test strips or meters.
Leave PRAL Acid-Alkaline Poultry List to browse more PRAL Acid-Alkaline Food Lists.
PRAL Poultry Food List Comments
I’ve retained some old comments below. But please use the new feedback options to leave comments now. Your feedback options are:
- Add comments below.
- Create a new issue about any food concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- Start a new discussion about any food topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the Foodary Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Older Foodary visitor responses include:
What Poultry for Acid Reflux?
In May 2020, Shunovel12 asked:
So what can i eat? I have Acid Reflux and low fat filets from the turkey breast is not making my acid any worse, what do you recommend for poultry? Love what you are doing!
Foodary response to Acid Reflux
I hope you are not misunderstanding what I do. In a nutshell, I try to help people discuss food and health issues with their doctors. Because I’m good at research but I don’t have medical training. So I do the research and leave treatment advice to the professionals.
So please can you tell me what your doctor or dietitian has advised about the foods you eat? This is important to me because my understanding is that food affects different types of acid reflux in different ways. And I certainly don’t want to point you in the direction of foods that don’t fit with your type of reflux disease.
Now this is a common problem for me. So for all you wonderful Foodary readers who like to ask me about acid reflux, please tell me a bit more about yourself. I’m interested in everything you can tell me about your experiences of acid reflux. Particularly any diet advice you’ve been given. But also about your favorite foods. Then I can research how you can enjoy your favorite poultry without making your acid reflux worse.
PRAL Poultry Food List Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
- Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
- Alkaline Fruit Juice and Fruits List
- Alkaline Meats List
- Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
- Alkaline Grains List