Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats Update
I’m moving nutrient lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. So it’s best to search for your favorite alkaline meat products. Or start from the new Food Groups Index (DGA Food Group 5: Meat).
Here at Foodary, I’ll continue to investigate how diseases and wellbeing are affected by sausages and luncheon meats. Both as a group, and for individual meat products.
Individual Sausages and Luncheon Meats Science
Where I find studies about the effects of meat products on health and wellbeing, I will summarize them. Including articles on the effects of bacon, ham, hotdogs, salami, and turkey sausage. So please let me know if you have special interest in any of these foods. Because that helps me prioritize my research.
Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats List
I’ve retired the old format for Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats List. But the original list is available as a free Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
I’ve added extra columns to the spreadsheet to help you make choices about sausage consumption. In particular, you can now compare PRAL values per 100 calories. So here are two examples from opposite ends of the range…
Most Acidic Sausages and Luncheon Meats
I’ve listed these sausages and luncheon meats with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 16 ┈ Ham, honey, smoked, cooked
- 15 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Turkey Breast (oven roasted, portion fat free)
- 15 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Turkey Breast (Smoked, Carving Board)
- 15 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Turkey Breast (smoked, portion fat free)
- 14 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Turkey Breast (smoked, fat free)
- 13 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Chicken Breast Classic Baked /Grill (carving board)
- 13 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Turkey (honey roasted, fat free)
- 13 ┈ LOUIS RICH, Turkey Breast (oven roasted, fat free)
- 13 ┈ Chicken breast, fat-free, mesquite flavor, sliced
- 13 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Chicken Breast (oven roasted, fat free)
Most Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats
As a protein-rich food, there are very few alkaline sausages and luncheon meats. Because the only way to make alkaline meat products is to load them with alkalizing chemicals. So these two examples from the USDA SR Legacy database do provide negative acid load. However, you should consult a doctor or other qualified professional before making them a significant part of your eating pattern. As you need to ensure that the additives are compatible with your medical history and current needs.
- -3 ┈ Salami, pork, beef, less sodium
- -1 ┈ Luncheon meat, pork, ham, and chicken, minced, canned, reduced sodium, added ascorbic acid, includes SPAM, 25% less sodium
Least Acidic Sausages and Luncheon Meats
Remember that we never aim to eliminate acid-forming foods. Because we need to balance some acidic foods with more alkaline foods. So that daily PRAL totals become negative.
Therefore, choosing sausages and luncheon meats with lower acid load makes it easier to achieve your daily PRAL target. So, this list continues with the format of starting with PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 0 ┈ Luncheon meat, pork and chicken, minced, canned, includes SPAM Lite
- 1 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Wieners (beef franks, fat free)
- 1 ┈ Pickle and pimiento loaf, pork
- 1 ┈ Turkey, pork, and beef sausage, low fat, smoked
- 1 ┈ Olive loaf, pork
- 1 ┈ Luncheon meat, pork with ham, minced, canned, includes SPAM (Hormel)
- 1 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Sandwich Spread (pork, chicken, beef)
- 1 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Wieners (beef franks, light)
- 1 ┈ Frankfurter, pork
- 1 ┈ Luncheon meat, pork, canned
- 1 ┈ Luncheon meat, pork, beef
- 1 ┈ Pork and turkey sausage, pre-cooked
- 1 ┈ Poultry salad sandwich spread
- 1 ┈ Sandwich spread, pork, beef
- 1 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Olive Loaf (chicken, pork, turkey)
- 1 ┈ Scrapple, pork
- 1 ┈ Macaroni and cheese loaf, chicken, pork and beef
- 1 ┈ Knackwurst, knockwurst, pork, beef
- 1 ┈ Bratwurst, beef and pork, smoked
- 1 ┈ Pork sausage rice links, brown and serve, cooked
- 1 ┈ Smoked link sausage, pork and beef, nonfat dry milk added
- 1 ┈ Bologna, pork, turkey and beef
- 1 ┈ OSCAR MAYER, Wieners (light pork, turkey, beef)
As sausages contain protein-rich meat, they are mostly acid-forming. So the purpose of alkaline diet planning is to balance essential protein. It’s easy to do that with lots of vegetables. First, choose a sausage recipe with a fruit or vegetable ingredient. I love pork and fennel. Also, turkey and cranberry sausages ain’t just for Thanksgiving. Second, cook your sausages on a bed of vegetables. Third, fill your plate with salad.
I’ve listed other food group tables on my Basic Acid Alkaline Food Chart Introduction page.
Your Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats
Remember: these tables help you make better food choices, but the only way to confirm they are having the desired effect is by measuring the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of your urine. This is a simple process using widely available pH test strips or meters.
Leave Alkaline Meats List for more Acid-Alkaline Food Lists.
Sausages and Luncheon Meats Comments
Please use the new feedback options to leave comments now. Your feedback options are:
- Add comments below.
- Create a new issue about any food concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- Start a new discussion about any food topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the Foodary Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Alkaline Sausages and Luncheon Meats Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
- Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
- Alkaline Fruit Juice and Fruits List
- Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Poultry Products Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
- Alkaline Grains List
- Alkaline Drinks List
- Acid-Alkaline Legumes and Legume Products Food Chart
- Alkaline Food Lists Explanation
- Healthy Food Combinations Chart
- Are Peanuts Acidic? What about Peanut Butter?
- Alkaline Pasta List
- Food Symptoms Diary Records
- 100 Most Acidic Foods