My mission is to provide your food diary so that you can record food and drink intake (and exercise), and analyze your nutritional strengths and weaknesses.
I’ve never met anyone who keeps a food diary for fun. You will have your own reasons for keeping track of your diet, and I want to give you free tools that help you. This is a spin-off from my health website, where many patients look to improve their health through better diet. Many people want to simply lose weight for health or cosmetic reasons. Others have a health condition that dictates their nutritional requirements.
Whatever the reason, my food diary will become your way of tracking what you need. But, more than that, you will be able to call for help and advice from people in similar situations. With your food diary facts and your food friend’s devotion, you cannot fail to improve your health and wellbeing.
Your Food Diary Road Map
- June 2011 – PRAL Basic Food Diary
- Move all PRAL tables from old health project, add index & explanations. Add Food diary features and benefits plan, with voting options. Introduce basic theme (website layout) changes with navigation.
- July 2011 – My Food Diary
- Subject to software availability, commence my basic diary registration. With free reporting features on foodary.org (probable focus on favorite food choices and portion sizes). Extend forum usability.
- October 2017 – Online Food Diary Mentoring
- Start of nutrition mentoring service. So, I will include my online food diary service in this.
- April 2020 – Food Diary Benefits
- What are your Food Diary Benefits? I can see that lots of people are interested in food diaries. Especially online food diaries. Yet whenever I ask, nobody tells me what benefits they get from a food diary. So I’m going to research these benefits in more detail. Then I can assess which food diary services will appeal most to Foodary visitors.
- August 2020 – Benefits Review
- Following feedback about the Food Diary Benefits mini-series, I’m developing my support for online food diaries as follows:
My development plans are always heavily influenced by the feedback I receive, so please let me know what is important to you, using the comment box below.
During these early stages, I will be introducing some basic nutrition reference charts that allow you to analyze your diet. With feedback about your needs, I could transform these into interactive tools to allow you to record and analyze what you eat. And optional discussion tools that allow you to seek advice on the best way to improve your diet. This website is deliberately quite basic at the moment, as I want to focus on features that you tell me you need.
Your Food Diary: Next Steps
I’ve updated this website during 2014 to take a simpler direction. See About Foodary. So, I’ve teamed up with the best online food diary and nutrition service. Then, I could offer various nutrition mentoring programs based on this service.
Tell me what more you want in the Feedback Form below. But before you do, please subscribe to my update service:
Leave Your Food Diary to read more About Foodary.
Your Food Diary Document Change History
As a “hub page”, I do not maintain revision history for Your Food Diary. Because this is a list of content pages. So I keep change histories on those content pages.
Do you have suggestions for improving Your Food Diary? Then, please send your idea using the Feedback Form below.