Alkaline Vegetables Update
I’m moving nutrient lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. So it’s best to search for your favorite alkaline vegetable products. Or start from the new Food Groups Index (DGA Food Group 1: Vegetables).
Here at Foodary, I’ll continue to investigate how diseases and wellbeing are affected by vegetables. Both as a group, and for individual vegetable products.
Individual Vegetable Products Science
Where I find studies about the effects of vegetables on health and wellbeing, I will summarize them. Including articles on the effects of broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, leeks, green beans, lettuce, okra, peas, potatoes, pumpkin, red onions, squash, yuca, and zucchini. So please let me know if you have special interest in any of these foods. Because that helps me prioritize my research.
Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
I’ve retired the old format for Alkaline Vegetable Products List. But the original list is available as a free Alkaline Vegetables Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
I’ve added extra columns to the spreadsheet to help you make choices about vegetable consumption. In particular, you can now compare PRAL values per 100 calories. So here are two examples from opposite ends of the range…
Most Acidic Vegetable Products
I’ve listed these vegetable products with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 8 ┈ Alfalfa seeds, sprouted, raw
- 7 ┈ Beans, mung, mature seeds, sprouted, canned, drained solids
- 7 ┈ Mushrooms, straw, canned, drained solids
- 6 ┈ Radish seeds, sprouted, raw
- 3 ┈ Lentils, sprouted, cooked, stir-fried, without salt
- 3 ┈ Peas, green, frozen, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- 2 ┈ Fiddlehead ferns, frozen, unprepared
- 2 ┈ Waxgourd, (chinese preserving melon), cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 2 ┈ Peas, green, frozen, unprepared
- 2 ┈ Peas and onions, canned, solids and liquids
Most Alkaline Vegetable Products
Here, I’ve listed vegetable products with the lowest acid load. But you must remember that we never aim to eliminate acid-forming foods. Because we need to balance some acidic foods with more alkaline foods. So that daily PRAL totals become negative.
Therefore, choosing vegetables with the lowest acid load makes it easier to achieve your daily PRAL target. So, this list continues with the format of starting with PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- -100 ┈ Butterbur, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -83 ┈ Bamboo shoots, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -72 ┈ Beet greens, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -67 ┈ Purslane, raw
- -66 ┈ Amaranth leaves, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -62 ┈ Cabbage, chinese (pak-choi), cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -62 ┈ Chard, swiss, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -58 ┈ Vinespinach, (basella), raw
- -55 ┈ Cabbage, japanese style, fresh, pickled
- -55 ┈ Chrysanthemum, garland, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
- -54 ┈ Cardoon, raw
- -53 ┈ Taro shoots, raw
- -52 ┈ Epazote, raw
- -52 ┈ Watercress, raw
- -51 ┈ Spinach, raw
- -48 ┈ Nopales, raw
- -47 ┈ Mustard spinach, (tendergreen), raw
Remember: these tables help you make better food choices, but the only way to confirm they are having the desired effect is by measuring the pH (acidity/alkalinity) of your urine. This is a simple process using widely available pH test strips or meters.
I’m working on templates that help you identify, understand, and resolve your alkaline vegetable concerns. In the meantime, you can start by adding notes about what you’ve learned about alkaline vegetables so far.
All you do is highlight any text that interests you. Then click “Annotations” to personalize any Foodary page. Which means you can keep your alkaline vegetable notes linked here, where you can always find them.
Do you need help with annotations? Or other unanswered questions or unresolved concerns? Then please tell me below. Or, if you prefer to use email, then subscribe to my free newsletter.
Leave Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List to browse more Acid Alkaline Food Lists.
Alkaline Vegetables Comments
Please add your comments here. Or see more feedback options and earlier comments below.
Your feedback options are:
- Easy Food Comments. Add comments below.
- Focused Food Concerns. Create a new issue about any food research concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- General Food Chat. Start a new discussion about any food topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
- Versatile Food Annotations. Annotations allow you to personalize Foodary pages to help you learn. But they also work as a feedback option. Especially if you use the Public Group, the Foodary Nexus Subscriber Group, or a Foodary Project Group. For more information, I recommend that you subscribe to my free newsletter.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the Foodary Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Earlier Foodary visitor responses include:
Is Yucca Acidic or Alkaline?
This is a common mistake, confusing yuca and yucca. Yucca is generally grown as a decorative evergreen with sword-shaped leaves and dramatic flower spikes. Though parts of it are edible, it is not usually eaten. However, yuca is a staple food in many areas. Having a nutty-tasting starchy tuber that is also known as cassava, manioc, tapioca and other names. So look for cassava in the list above. Then you will see it has a negative acid load. Thus, yuca is alkalizing.
Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
- Alkaline Fruit Juice and Fruits List
- Alkaline Meats List
- Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Poultry Products Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
- Alkaline Grains List