Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List
Alkaline Cereals Update
I’m moving nutrition lists to ALKAscore. Where I’m also reconfiguring them to match the latest food groups. Currently, the nearest list to this Foodary original is actually 3 lists. Because ALKAscore’s Acid-Alkaline Cereals are split into `high sugar cereals`, `low sugar cereals`, and `cereal bars`. But that will change soon, as I organize cereals into whole grain and refined grain subgroups. So it’s best to search for the latest alkaline cereals information. Or start from the new Food Groups Index (DGA Food Group 3: Grains).
Pending completion, I’m retaining this page as a progress record. So you can follow the transition from all the lists included in my Basic Acid Alkaline Food Chart Introduction.
Here on Foodary, I’m focusing on the health benefits of cereals. So I’ll be summarizing facts about cereals in general. Including acid-forming vs alkalizing cereals. As well as satisfying Foodary visitors search for facts and FAQs about specific cereals. Including: all bran, bran buds, cheerios, corn flakes, cream of wheat, French toast, granola, grape nuts, grits, oatmeal, oats, porridge, Rice Krispies, Weetabix.
Alongside, I’ll add information for related foods. Including fortified cereals and fiber. Also, common additions to breakfast cereals. Such as cinnamon, honey, nuts, and raisins.
Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals ListI’ve retired the old format for Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List. But the original list is available as an Alkaline Cereals Spreadsheet. Or, you will find it in the free resources listed in your dashboard if you subscribe to my free Foodary Nexus Newsletter…
Subscribe to Free Foodary Nexus
Subscription is free, and your email address is safe - I will never share it with anyone else. I use Gumroad to provide this service, as described at the Foodary Nexus Newsletter Service.
Early feedback from the spreadsheets has prompted me to upgrade them. Because the original format was great for identifying high acid load cereals. Then switching to high alkaline cereals. But the spreadsheet format allows us to do much more.
So I’ve added columns that allow you to easily make better alkaline cereal choices. Significantly, I’ve added a column for PRAL values per 100 calories. And to emphasize the fact that PRAL values are average estimates, I’ve dropped the decimal points from that new column. Hopefully that will encourage you to look for changes that lower your PRAL score by at least 2 points per change. Remember, you must plan for some acid forming foods. Just ensure that your total daily PRAL score is negative.
One benefit from my PRAL spreadsheets upgrade is that it’s now easy to see the most acidic and the most alkaline cereals. So here are a couple of significant lists for you…
Top 10 Acidic Breakfast Cereals
These cereals are listed with the highest acid load first. Where the first number in the list is PRAL value per 100 calorie serving:
- 7 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, WAFFELOS
- 7 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, wheat germ, toasted, plain
- 7 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, KRETSCHMER Wheat Germ, Regular
- 7 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, KRETSCHMER Toasted Wheat Bran
- 6 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, KRETSCHMER Honey Crunch Wheat Germ
- 5 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, KELLOGG, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN Original
- 4 ┈ Cereals, QUAKER, Oat Bran, QUAKER/MOTHER’S Oat Bran, dry
- 4 ┈ Millet, puffed
- 4 ┈ Cereals, oats, regular and quick and instant, unenriched, cooked with water, with salt
- 4 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, OAT BRAN FLAKES, HEALTH VALLEY
Next, a few more from the other end of the scale…
Most Alkaline Breakfast Cereal List
Here are the top alkaline breakfast cereals with the lowest acid load. Because these cereals help you reduce your daily PRAL score, I’ve listed a few more than 10:
- -12 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, Whole Grain TOTAL
- -9 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, TOTAL Raisin Bran
- -8 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, TOTAL Corn Flakes
- -6 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, PARA SU FAMILIA Raisin Bran
- -3 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, MOTHER’S COCOA BUMPERS
- -3 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, MOTHER’S GROOVY GRAHAMS
- -3 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, NATURE’S PATH, OPTIMUM SLIM
- -3 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, Country Corn Flakes
- -2 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, KELLOGG, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS
- -2 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, HARMONY
- -2 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, KASHI Pillows by Kellogg, assorted flavors
- -2 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, KASHI Heart to Heart by KELLOGG
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, COCOA PUFFS
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, CHEERIOS
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, GENERAL MILLS, COUNT CHOCULA
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, QUAKER, MOTHER’S PEANUT BUTTER BUMPERS Cereal
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, KELLOGG, DISNEY HUNNY Bs
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, NATURE’S PATH, OPTIMUM
- -1 ┈ Cereals ready-to-eat, FAMILIA
- -1 ┈ Cereals, QUAKER, Instant Oatmeal, NUTRITION FOR WOMEN, Apple Spice, dry
Your Next Steps
As noted, this is now a progress page to monitor the transition from old Foodary tables. So I recommend using search or the links above to get the latest information about alkaline cereals.
This is true. But with the improvements to the spreadsheets, I recommend that you consider using the Alkaline Cereals Spreadsheet to make better alkaline cereal choices today.
Start by sorting the spreadsheet by the first column. Then find your current cereal choices. Finally, look for alternatives with a lower PRAL score. Now I say `finally`. But the reality is that there are probably many ways to use these alkaline food spreadsheets to lower your acid load. So we can do much more together.
Please tell me how you use the Alkaline Cereal Spreadsheet to analyze and plan your breakfast cereal consumption. Then I might make more improvements to the spreadsheets. But also tell me about any difficulties you encounter. Because I can help you use the spreadsheet. Also, I can improve instructions for other users.
You can send your questions, experiences, and opinions to Foodary Discussions. Or add comments below.
Leave Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List to read Basic Acid Alkaline Food Chart Introduction.
Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List Feedback
During transition, I’ve retained old feedback below. But you should now use the discussion service linked above.
Acid-Alkaline Breakfast Cereals List Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Common Terms: almond, apple, blueberry, cereal, cheese, chocolate, cinnamon, corn, menu, potassium, protein, reflux, renal diet, rice
Other posts that include these terms:
- Acid-Alkaline Legumes and Legume Products Food Chart
- Alkaline Fish List
- Acid-Alkaline Beverages List
- Acid-Alkaline Beef List
- Alkaline Nuts and Seeds List
- Acid-Alkaline Vegetables Food List
- Alkaline Fruit Juice and Fruits List
- Alkaline Meats List
- Acid-Alkaline Soups, Sauces, and Gravies Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Poultry Products Food List
- Acid-Alkaline Oils and Fats Food Nutrition List
- Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food List
- Alkaline Herbs and Spices
- Alkaline Grains List
- Are Peanuts Acidic? What about Peanut Butter?
- Alkaline Pasta List
- Are Apples Alkaline? See the Alkaline Fruits List
- PRAL Food Category List
- PRAL Alkaline Snack Foods List
- Alkaline Snacks List
- Alkaline Bread and Baked Products Food List
This is very interesting and useful information, as i am trying to raise my alkalinity. I am a bit confused at the high alkaline value for Total Raisin Bran, because I thought most all grains are very acidic. Could you help me out with this?
The reason is that the Total range has a lot of additives. There is a lot of added calcium in Total Raisin Bran, and this has a significant effect on alkalinity. I will be adding more notes on how I calculate alkalinity and acidity in these PRAL pages.
Hello. I don’t quite understand the negative numbers on the alkaline side. Can you please explain? I’m new to this. Thank you
Great to hear from you. It’s a tricky subject, which is why I start with an introduction that explains the charts.
Why not read that explanation first, then explain the bit you don’t understand. Together we can make it better.
The introduction is the best place to discuss now these charts work. It’s at:
Is the neg # mean high alkaline ?