Cardiovascular Diseases Intro is my featured image for Cardiovascular diseases food and diet facts.
Cardiovascular Diseases Intro image details
I took this image from the Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases slideshow by Luis R. Rojas-Solórzano, Ph.D. (original image below).
Specific Cardiovascular Diseases
The diseases included in this heart image are:
- Congenital Heart Disease.
- Malformations of heart structure existing at birth.
- Rheumatic Heart Disease.
- Damage to the heart muscle and valves from rheumatic fever caused by streptococcal bacteria.
- Coronary Heart Disease.
- Narrowing or blaockage of blood vessels supplying the heart muscle (Atherosclerosis).
- Cerebrovascular Disease.
- Disease of the blood vessels supplying the heart muscle. Often caused by high blood pressure or atherosclerosis.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Obstacle in arteries which supply blood todifferent parts of the body such as hands, legs, etc.
- High Blood Pressure.